Dr. Valter Longo is a professor at the USC Davis School of Gerontology based in California, and the director of the USC Longevity Institute. He's also the author of the bestseller "The Longevity Diet," and an internationally recognized expert for his studies on the impact of fasting on healthy longevity. His laboratory focuses on the fundamental mechanism of aging as the basis of all age-related diseases, but also explores dietary interventions that can affect stem cell-based therapies that promote longevity.
In this podcast we talk about:
- How can we initiate a healthy longevity program?
- How can we assess which food and diet are the best for us?
- The Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD) - how long should we practice it?
- How can we best select our personalized diet which would be good for us for life?
- How can we best influence our biological age?