Susan Benigas is the Executive Director of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM), founder of the nonprofit The Plantrician Project, and co-founder of the International Plant-Based Nutrition Healthcare Conference. She is dedicated to building the lifestyle medicine concept in the U.S. and globally.
In an interview with IIOL, Susan focuses on the following:
- The differences between functional, integrated and lifestyle medicine
- The focus and mission of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- What is the difference between lifestyle medicine and traditional medicine?
- Are physicians embracing the lifestyle medicine concept?
- How can lifestyle medicine become integrated into the medical curriculum?