Dr. Johan Auwerx is Professor at the École Polytechnique Fédérale in Lausanne, Switzerland, where he directs the Laboratory for Integrated and Systems Physiology (LISP).
Dr. Auwerx has been using molecular physiology and systems genetics to understand metabolism in health, aging and disease. Much of his work focuses on understanding how diet, exercise and hormones control metabolism and change gene expression. He is considered to be one of the world experts in the field of mitochondrial health.
In this podcast you will learn about:
- The importance of mitochondrial health and its impact on health span and longevity
- The benefits of caloric restriction and exercise for health and life span?
- What role do mitochondria play in our bodies?
- How can we best improve mitochondrial activity?
- What food should we eat to improve mitochondrial health?
- Is stress always bad for us?